Saturday, March 20, 2010

I haven't' posted in several days, maybe weeks, i can't remember exactly. Just haven't felt like I had anything positive to share and have been incredibly busy.
This week I have worked almost non-stop at my brother business to get appointments set up and things organized. He desperately needs a nanny/housekeeper if he is actually going to get any work done at home. I helped with his laundry, cleaned before clients came and helped with the business and financial stuff. Because I was there so much, I only worked as a substitute one day this week. Geoffrey has tentatively closed 2 deals and is working on several other profitable ones, but won't see any money for at least 6 weeks. Ouch! That means I don't get paid until he does. I am happy to help out, but our budget is a little sad, especially since the dog had a very expensive stay at the luxury vet in town a few weeks ago.
Chastain informed me that she was going to prom as her "boyfriend" is a junior. Now i am trying to scramble to find money for a dress ( we decide to sew one though it wasn't a ton cheaper), and plan for things like hair, shoes, dinner and flowers. these things are painful in more ways than one.
Savannah participated in a young artists festival where her short story was chosen for display. Katarina participated in an honor choir presentation and Cassie tried out for Skyview Idol. she was disappointed that most of the teacher's favorite students were chosen and not her, but I told her she had two more years to try out. She got over it pretty quickly.
I found out last weekend that my much younger sister is newly pregnant. She turned 18 in 3 months ago and has such plans for herself. I tried to talk to her about her options such as adoption, but she feels that she could never give up her child, no matter how much better a life it could have with two loving parents instead of just one. It has made me pretty sad and I am trying hard to support her and not see how depressed it makes me. It's really about her and not me after all, right...
Aaron and I started off the morning arguing and I have a pretty good sinus infection going right now so it hasn't been the best day. However, I am grateful for this blog because it helps me to realize how negative and ungrateful I can be. I have so much but I am often dissatisfied. I obsess about every little thing, especially when I forget to take my meds LOL. I am going to try this week to be a more grateful and happy person. So what if the kids don't clean like I ask them to and I find yogurt containers behind the couch. so what if I don't get invited to every party or get together. So what if the iguana tries to snuggle with my pillow or my mother is sad cause her boyfriend in grumpy too.
I have six beautiful children and a husband who tries so hard to honor his priesthood and always lets me know how much I mean to him. I have the scriptures and a wonderful ward family. This week I will remember all of these things every day, including the many more that I should be grateful for. At least I will try.

No comments:

Post a Comment