Thursday, March 4, 2010

Got the Blahs

Today I went to work at Nina's school, went to work at my brother's business, then came home cleaned, made dinner and bathed kids. Normal day, other than the half an hour where there was an iguana in my bathtub. That was definitely odd.
At any rate, it was a day where I just couldn't seem to shake the blahs. One of those days where I am not sure what to do with myself. I would love to curl up with a good book and pretend that the world does not exist, but my children remind me of reality much too often for that. I'm not really sad, not really happy just kind of...blah. I used to have a lot of those days and even more days where I was very sad, for no particular reason. I will always be grateful to the scientists who created Prozac. I'm pretty sure my husband is too. It makes life a lot happier and easier for me. Of course, maybe that's what people say about marijuana and other happy drugs. :)

When these days happen, i often think of all the wonderful things in my life or some thing that my children have done to make me laugh. For example, on Tuesday night, Cassie was a little out of it from pain meds. During dinner she carefully covered her spaghetti in salad dressing. We are still not sure why.

Another example: Naomi told me yesterday that she saw a dead bird. She states that it was "adorable." Okay... Today she said she had a bad day at school. She was put into the white circle (at least I think she said white, maybe wait). Anyway, kids that don't listen are sent there. She said it wasn't her fault and that her teacher must have been dreaming that Naomi was being bad. In fact she is positive that she heard her teacher snore. She is very imaginative, especially when trying to get herself out of trouble.
Last one:
One day we were driving somewhere in Pennsylvania. Naomi was 4 years old. We stopped by the side of the road for a minute to watch some deer in a field. Naomi saw them and said "Look Dad, dear! Kill it Dad! Kill it!"

Aren't kids great?

1 comment: